Spring is here in Denver, the trees are blooming and the mountain snow is melting. Spring is a great time to get out and experience all that Colorado has to offer. It is also a great time to take care of some maintenance when it comes to your AC system.
Preparing your AC system before the hot weather arrives is a great idea. This will help your system run more efficiently and effectively. It can also help keep the air inside your home cleaner.
Spring AC Maintenance Tips
If you did not have a full maintenance inspection or tune-up completed on your AC system last fall, that is a great place to start. Having an expert go over your AC with a fine tooth comb will make sure it is safe and ready to handle the summer heat.
If you have already had a tune-up completed there are a few things you can do yourself to make sure your system is ready to go.
- Change Your Filters – Ideally, this should happen every 2-3 months, however, you may need to do it more if you have pets in the house. Also, if you have allergies, changing the filter more often can help.
- Change the Batteries in Your Thermostat – Spring is a great time to make sure the batteries in your thermostat are in good condition and charged.
- Hose off Your Outside Unit – Clean off any dirt or debris that has built up around your outside unit. You can use your garden hose to wash most of this off.
- Program Your Thermostat – If you have a programmable thermostat now is a great time to set a summer schedule. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, you may want to think about switching to one. The ability to program when your AC runs can save you money.
- Drainage – Make sure your system can drain properly. If the drainage hole is clogged this could lead to bigger issues.
- Turn it On – Before the really hot days it, switch on your AC. Run it for 20-30 minutes to make sure cold air is coming from the vents. If the air coming out is not cooled or your system won’t switch on, you will need to call an AC repair team.
Completing spring maintenance on your AC system will help make sure your system is ready when it warms up outside.
Schedule Air Conditioner Maintenance in Aurora Today
If you live in the Denver metro area and you are in need of AC maintenance, repairs or installation, contact the team at Grand Home Services.