Getting the right level of moisture in your home is important. Too much and you end up with a multitude of problems with your health and your home’s structure. Too little and your skin feels dry, your nose bleeds and your health suffers in general.
If you have too much moisture in your home there are several things you may notice occurring. If these signs are present it may be time to have a dehumidifier installed in your home.
- You have Mold and Mildew Build Up – If you have mold and mildew build up throughout your home that is a sure sign that you have a moisture problem in your home. Mold and Mildew can cause serious problems with the health of those living in your home so it is important to remediate the issue and prevent it from building up again.
- Condensation – If you see condensation build up inside or around your windows, or your windows are foggy this is a good indicator that there is too much moisture in your home.
- Musty Smells – If you constantly notice a mildew or musty smell inside your home, this generally occurs when there is mold or mildew build up. Maybe you haven’t noticed any mold or mildew but you have that musty smell. This means that mold or mildew could be hiding inside your home’s walls, floors or crawlspace.
- Water Stains – If you have unexplained water stains on your roof or walls this could be a sign of hidden water damage. Sometimes that water stain is caused by leaking pipes behind your walls. If this is the case it is important that the leak is fixed. You will then need help drying up the moisture in your home.
- Wood that is Rotting – If you notice furniture or wood around windows rotting, that is a sure sign there is a moisture issue. Rotting wood generally occurs from excess moisture in a particular area.
- Allergies – Excess moisture can cause mold spores, dust mites, and other allergens to multiply and spread. These airborne allergens can then cause allergy issues in your home. Without getting rid of the moisture these allergies will only get worse.
- Heavy Air – If the air in your home feels dense and heavy this is often due to too much moisture. High humidity in your home can leave your air feeling uncomfortable. It can also force you to turn your thermostat up and down more depending on the season.
If you have any of these 7 signs in your home, contact the team at Grand Home Services today. We can help install a dehumidifier so that you can start controlling the moisture levels inside your home.