Homes across Denver have many different types of cooling systems including central AC, window AC units, swamp coolers and no air conditioning at all. If you don’t have an AC unit of any kind there are some things you can do to keep your home cool.
Staying Cool in Denver without An Air Conditioner
The temperatures in the Denver area can climb quickly and running an AC unit can become and expensive feat. Whether you are trying to lower your bills or you just don’t have an AC unit, these tips can help you keep your home cooler.
- Keep Blinds Closed – This is important on those windows in your home that get the sun beating in. By keeping your blinds closed you can prevent some of that heat build up caused by the sun, inside your home. You may also want to consider adding thermal or blackout curtains.
- Use Fans – Ceiling fans, box fans, and pedestal fans can all help keep your home cooler. Have box fans running at night to pull in the cool air then use pedestal fans to direct the cool air where you need it most. Pedestal fans can be used anywhere in your home to help circulate the air.
- Close Windows During the Day – It is a good idea to cool off your house using fans overnight then close up the windows, trying to trap the cool air in. This will help keep your home cooler for a longer period of time. As the sun sets, you can start opening up the windows again.
- Use Cotton Sheets – If you have fleece, polyester or other heavy feeling sheets and blankets on your bed, swap them out with simple cotton sheets. Cotton feels much better and will help keep you cooler in the summer.
- Use a Cooling Pad – Cooling pads for your bed and pillows can help keep your body temperature down at night so that the heat doesn’t keep you tossing and turning.
- Cook Outside – Heat from the oven, stove, and even the toaster oven can quickly heat up your home. Now is a great time to take up grilling. You can enjoy a little fresh air and not heat up your home while you are cooking.
Improve Home Comfort with an Air Conditioning System
By following some of these tips you can help bring the temperature inside your home down. If you would like to have your current AC system inspected to get it running more efficiently, or you would like to install an AC system in your home, the team at Grand Home Services can help!